My cousin recently moved back to Dallas after being away at college for the past four years. And a lot has happened in the Dallas Arts District recently that she’s missed. So the perfect gift for her would be something that gave her a taste of everything in the Dallas Arts District and helped her become more familiar with the district and the district’s organizations. A Dallas Arts District Membership offers an event each month, from private museum tours and briefings about upcoming projects to tickets to performances, providing a great overall experience of the Dallas Arts District.
I got her an “Individual Membership”, which was $65. Which reminds me that this might be a good time to recap our gifts so far.
- Younger Sister – Coloring Mat from the Lotus Shop at the Crow Collection of Asian Art – $27
- Parents – Tickets to TITAS’s production of KODO Drummers of Japan – $38
- In-Laws – Tamales from Jorge’s – $40
- Older Sister – Tickets to the Dallas Museum of Art’s Gaultier Exhibit – $40
- Husband – Tickets to the AT&T Performing Arts Center Lexus Broadway Series production of Young Frankenstein – $60
- Cousin – Dallas Arts District Membership – $65
I’ve been trying to stay under $50 per person, and on average so far I’ve spent $45 per person. With the money I saved on some of the gifts, I am actually $30 under budget!
- Aunt & Uncle
- Best Friend
On to more shopping!